Monday, October 6, 2014

So, What is Rae's Making It?

I've been thinking about actually putting effort into this blog for a while now. Since getting #makeadalekmakeafriend off the ground I've wanted to keep a better record of the things in my life that are dear to my heart, make me crazy, give me hope, or inspire me. The problem comes when I try to decide how to brand it. Am I a craft blogger? A mommy blogger? A nurse blogger? Do I have to confine myself to one topic, one facet of my life, one thing I find interesting?

The answer is a resounding "No!!". I plan on writing about the things that are important to me in the moment. I plan on being real and honest. I don't live a perfect suburban life with clean dishes, made beds or children who are always well behaved. Hell, sometimes I'm not well behaved.  Every day I get up. Every day I do my best. Sometimes I have a plan. Sometimes I make it up as I go along. Every day I'm making it.

That's where the branding comes in. 'Rae's Making It' isn't just a statement about my love of creating things. It's a statement about how I'm getting through this life. Here you'll be able to follow along as I attempt to make beautiful things. You'll read about my parenting successes and failures. You'll see my dirty floors. You'll see me rant about systematic abuse in the emergency department with one breath and marvel at the opportunity to provide grace to patients and families with the next.

I hope you'll make this journey with me. It's always nice to know that I'm not the only one making it up as I go along.

Rae :)

No comments:

Post a Comment