Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Gallbladder Tried to Ruin My Life

I was supposed to participate in this awesome Around the World Blog Hop last week at the invitation of Holly over at Holly Gets Quilty. Unfortunately, I ended up in the emergency room in the wee hours of Monday morning, was admitted to the hospital, and ended up having my gallbladder removed that afternoon. Needless to say, blogging didn't happen last week.

Feeling miserable at home the morning after surgery

I was not a happy camper. Not only did I miss out on a super fun blogging opportunity, but I also missed out on seeing the great Sir Paul McCartney in concert (again). AND, I was even given strict "NO SEWING" rules. It. Was. Not. Fun.

My surgeon said that my gallbladder looked like it hadn't worked in months and he was surprised that I wasn't sick all the time. I guess it's a blessing that I never really felt bad before Sunday evening. I spent most of the first two post-op days sleeping. Since then I've been mostly pain free but more tired than usual. In the past two days I've been feeling much better and have gotten my sewjo back. 

I've decided to go ahead and complete the Blog Hop post in the next few days. I've asked some of my IG sewing idols to consider being next in my small circle of the Blog Hop. Hopefully I'll have a new post and some good news in a few days. 

See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment