Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I've Been Down With the Sickness

Have you been wondering why I haven't been posting? Of course you have. For the past three weeks at least one person in the clan has been ill of one sort or another. EB ended up with bilateral ear infections and pink eye, which she promptly gave to me.

pink eye can suck it
As you can see, it was nothing but glamour on New Year's Eve over here. I actually had to call into work. No one wants a red-eyed ogre standing over their bed when they're lying sick or hurt in the ER.  Since then, with the help of some lovely antibiotic drops, my eyes have cleared up. The hubs and I are still fighting with some sinus yuckage and my left ear intermittently hurts like a mutha, but over all things are looking up. Miraculously, Ro didn't get sick at all. Thank God, because I may have completely lost it if she was unable to return to school yesterday!

In other news, EB finally moved up to a big girl bed. She's been sleeping in Ro's hand-me-down toddler bed for about 8 or 9 months. Over the past 5 weeks or so she has gotten up multiple times a night saying that she can't sleep or is too uncomfortable to stay in her bed. Lately, we can only get her to sleep if she is in Big Sister's bed or in bed with us. The hubs and I decided that we really wanted to be able to sleep through the night again, so after dinner yesterday we went and bought a mattress. Much to our surprise, the store had the mattress in stock and we were able to shove it into the back of my Edge. We made a quick Target run for sheets and bed quilts while Grandmommy and Pawpaw brought over a family heirloom bed frame.  This is the result.


She's a happy little girl. The quilt I made her last year isn't big enough to fit the twin bed, but it looks super cute there folded at the foot. I'm happy to report that she slept though the night and didn't get out of bed until 6:45 this morning! MAJOR SUCCESS!!!

Because the girls share a room and Ro has been feeling a tad left out lately with Little Sis being sick and getting lots of attention (and I still haven't finished her special quilt), we went ahead and bought her a new bed quilt and sheets as well.


Ro felt special and remembered and also slept through the night in comfort.

My big projects for the day are:
 1. Finally put away all the Christmas decorations
 2. Move the old toddler bed out of the play room
 3. Move the ginormous doll house to the play room
 4. Finish the #NerdsCraftItBetter Swap blog post
 5. Learn how to switch skeins while knitting.
 6. Work on my One Little Word project and post

I'll be flabbergasted if I get even half of that done.  See you soon guys.

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment